The World Association of Women’s Wrestling returns this evening at a brand new venue – the Epic Studios in Norwich, England; a purpose-built TV facility with studio lights and sound. It plays host to Bellatrix 3, with the main focus on the card being a tournament to crown the WAWW Queen of the Ring with names such as promising rookie Penelope, Norway’s Miss Mina, SHIMMER Champion Sweet Saraya, former WAWW British Champion Destiny, and the tiny-yet-scrappy Violet O’Hara among those vying for the crown. Also featured on the card include Norwegian Jewel Jensen, EWW Women’s Champion Skarlett and Germany’s Lady Lory.
Also taking place is the a WAWW British Championship defence with titleholder Liberty – who won the belt at The Return last November from Britani Knight – now Paige – then successfully defended it against Amy Lee at the original Bellatrix in February and then beat Saraya at Bellatrix 2 in June – putting the belt on the line against Rhia O’Reilly, who has enjoyed a lot of international experience over the course of 2012.
Another factor to consider is whether Jetta‘s decision to try and create some friction in the WAWW dressing room at the end of Bellatrix 2 by planting doubt in the heads of the wrestlers over the vision of founder Saraya and whether she is the right person to be at the helm will come into play.
Click after the jump for all the goings-on from Bellatrix 3…
Opening round matches:
1. Lady Lory pinned Miss Mina.
2. Destiny beat Channelle.
3. Penelope defeated Skarlett.
4. Sweet Saraya pinned Violet O’Hara.
5. Jewel pinned Kasey Owens after a big boot.
Semi final matches:
6. Destiny defeated Lady Lory
7. Sweet Saraya beat Penelope
8. WAWW British Ladies Title: Rhia O’Reilly defeated Liberty (c) with the Rhiadjustment to win the WAWW British Championship, 2 falls to 1 – NEW CHAMPION
9. Destiny pinned Sweet Saraya following a distraction from old enemy Jetta. Post match, Jetta and Saraya started to brawl, leading to a number of WAW trainees and wrestlers having to physically restrain them. Jetta & Destiny left together, as Saraya was carried out by her son Zak Knight, kicking and screaming.