TNA recorded its second One Night Only pay-per-view focussed on the women of the promotion yesterday in Orlando, FL. As we revealed last month, the company was reaching out to indie wrestlers to swell the numbers for its Knockouts Knockdown 2 show, especially considering the roster has thinned out since the first taping last March. In addition, some Knockouts who have been recently absent also made their return to TNA.
It’s pretty much the same format as last year with Knockouts taking on non-contracted talent with the winners making it to a Gauntlet Match to determine the Queen of the Knockouts. Spoilers are after the jump, courtesy of PWInsider – though we’ve corrected a couple of errors.
1. Gail Kim defeated Veda Scott
2. Angelina Love beat Scarlett Bordeaux
3. Madison Rayne bested Jessicka Havok
4. Reby Sky overcame Velvet Sky after Angelina Love accidentally sprayed Velvet with hairspray
5. Taryn Terrell defeated Karlee Perez (formerly Maxine in WWE)
6. Mia Yim beat Brittany
7. Brooke Tessmacher bested Deonna
8. Marti Belle overcame ODB with the help of Rockstar Spud
9. ODB defeated Rockstar Spud
10. Madison Rayne beat Brooke Tessmacher, Mia Yim, Taryn Terrell, Reby Sky, Angelina Love, Marti Belle and Gail Kim in a Gauntlet Match to become Queen of the Knockouts, last eliminating Love.
• The show is the first since Taryn Terrell took time off last August to have her baby, which arrived in early March.
• It’s also Tessmacher’s first TNA wrestling appearance since last November.
• Reby Sky, Mia Yim & Marti Belle all got wins over Knockouts – though it Reby and Marti’s cases, they appear to be due to shenanigans to protect the contracted talent to a certain extent. Meanwhile, Yim defeated Brittany, which isn’t the best indication of the new Knockout’s fortunes.
• Rayne’s win comes after last year’s angle where she came out to present the crown to winner and friend Kim, only to be snubbed by her buddy who only wanted her prize.
• The show also fleshes out the situation between Women Superstars Uncensored and Jessicka Havok which has been a source of speculation for the past couple of weeks. We still don’t know the full details – and may never know – but the contention over the two sides may have been over this event.
– Lee Burton
– Photo by ModernMyth